Follow @MLPofficial

Sunday, July 3, 2011

What Is Your Vision? What Is Your Dream?

Take a look around us, tell me what do you see?  I'll tell you what I see.  I see everybody, especially me, you know, we that call ourselves go getters, we who are striving to become famous or successful!.  I came to realize that my so called visions/dreams were false. False not because I did not believe in them but false because my visions/dreams were of earthly belief's and reason's.  That's right I said it, because of earthly belief's and reason's! 
I tell you this day, I was chasing dreams that...


caused me to become enslaved!  Enslaved to the very thing that God warned me/us about.  Yes, you called it right, enslaved to Sin!   
When I decided to take a closer look at who I associating with and how I measured success, I found out I was conforming to the ways of the world. Those people (my friends) were of the world and my desires were of those things (hoped for) of the world.  The word of God says: "And be not conformed to this world: But ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may proved what is that good, and accepetable, and perfect, will of God."(King James Version).
My Vision should have included focusing on transforming my mind to put God first in my life.  Just because God has called upon us, does  not mean that we will make it into Heaven.  "For many are called, but few are chosen." Matt:22:14, (King James version).  I soon came to realize that you have to put in the work to back up your faith.  That counts for what ever we do in life.  Faith without work is dead faith!
Now I have a visions of wanting to be the best Servant to have ever Served God! (Christ Like-Christian)!  To be the best at doing His will, better than anyone else.  That I may prove to be good, and acceptable, perfect will of God.  I considering being Successful when I feed my sprit with Gods Holy Word.  I will become successful after I develop the ability to recognize God's voice.  To hear it and become so strong willed that I obey it and do His will.
"My sheep hear my voice and I know them and they follow me." John 10:27 (King James Version).
With this having been said, I sum it all up this way:
My Vision: That my family and I receive everlasting life!  To dwell in the house of the lord forever (Heaven).
My Dream: To be successful!  Knowing that I have accepted Christ Jesus as my personal Savior.  Believing that He is the true Son of God!  Doing God's will and serving him.  Where He leads me I will follow.
It is for these reasons, why I was compelled to write the songs "No Place Like Heaven," and " Personal Savior."  After writing these songs it felt as if God smiled down on me and said well done!  I wept with tears of Joy!!  
How's that for being successful.  Now that's real success!


So now I ask you, "What Is Your Vision" and "What Is Your Dream?" 
You be the judge...  Shamel

No comments:

Post a Comment