Follow @MLPofficial

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Left Out In The Cold! Blessed by God's Grace

Unable to depend on friends when you really and truly need them, hurts!.  That's why you should never place anything or anyone on this earth before family.  Friends, who are they, I mean really, who are they?  If you must have true friends they should exalt you not put you down.  Make darn sure they...
love you for who you are, not for what you have and got your back in troubled times!  Ensure they are not the kind of friends that just want to hang out and have a good time leading you astray, because those types of friends end up being a waste of time and bring you down!

Now don't get me wrong, everybody have their own to take care of  but when a friend comes to you for help, I mean a true friend, please do what ever you can to accommodate them.  If you can't, find someone who can help them, that's far better than doing nothing.

I learned a valuable lesson in a matter of 24 hours.  When I needed my friends the most, I never heard back from them.  They told me, "let me get back to you! at this time! on this day!" (Have you heard this story before?) So I called them again a few days later still asking for help!  Finally, after contacting them a second time, the vibe I received from them made me feel as if I was bugging them or if they were really saying to me, get lost, are you kidding me, your calling me again?

My innermost thoughts told me sever ties with them, never to speak to them again, hate them for turning their backs on me.  I felt anger, and I constantly asked myself why aren't willing to help me?.  Should I have felt this way?  I thought, Damn right I should!  Perhaps! Hell Yes I said, bitterly!  Or did they really turn their backs on me?  Well, here's another part to the story.
  
You see, what you will now come to know is that one of my friends has helped me out before from time to time in the past as I he!  I recall a time whereas he helped me out when I didn't even ask for help!  He did it out out the goodness an kindness of his heart.  It's was just  this time he was not able to.  After thinking about this time, I prayed to God and asked Him why was I only thinking of myself and not understanding his position.  Why was I being selfish?

Well, here is what I came to recognize!

Right then I realized the devil was trying to plant a seed of evil thoughts in my mind.  That's right, I was being tempted.  Remember in the book of Matthew chapter 4, verse 3, where he explained how the Satan tried to tempt Jesus.  "The tempter came and said unto Him, "If you are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.""   Satan is a liar and the truth is not in him, he was trying to have me believe that my friend(s) turned their back(s) on me and by doing so planted evil thoughts in my mind of hate. I prayed to God and asked for his guidance so I did not feel the way I was feeling.  God removed the temptation by  providing me a way to escape by showing me the goodness and kindness about my friend(s).

One thing is for certain about this entire ordeal.  It has made me sstronger both spiritually and physically.  I will defiantly plan better in the future as this something I can do to help myself and so can you!

As I rise up to greater horizon's I shall not forget these past few day.  Surely I shall put my trust in God, not in man! As for my friend(s) well, they can always count on me anytime for anything!  "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!"

Yes I felt that I was" Left Out In The Cold!"  But I was 'Blessed By God's Grace," through my immediate family and relatives who came to my aid in a time a great need!  May God bless you all and thank you for being all In the family!!

Shamel

No comments:

Post a Comment